Classical Masterpiece Collection
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical recording selections that have been mainstays of the catalog since their initial release on LP, until the present digital age of CD. These new audio versions feature ESOTERIC’s proprietary re-mastering process to achieve the highest level of sound quality.
ESOTERIC equipment used for re-mastering
The criterion of re-mastering is to faithfully capture the quality of the original master tapes. ESOTERIC’s flag ship D/A converters, model D-01VU, Rubidium master clock generator model G-0Rb and ESOTERIC MEXCEL interconnect cables and power cords, were all used for this re-mastering session. This combination of highly advanced technology greatly contributed to capturing the high quality sound of the original master tapes.
Experience by yourself…
Experience the legendary performance in this new Super Audio CD/CD format. Not only for new followers, but also for well experienced followers of these recorded materials. All will be equally impressed by the “soul” hidden within the notes, but never before found in previously released recordings in any format.
Title and Track list
- 1-5. Sonata in C, op.1, No.7 for Recorder and B.c.
- 6-9. Sonata in A minor, for Transverse Flute and B.c.
- 10-13. Sonata in A minor, op.1 No.4 for Recorder and B.c.
- 14-18. Sonata in G, op.1 No.5 for Transverse Flute and B.c.
- 19-22. Sonata in E minor, op.1 No.1b for Transverse Flute and B.c.
- 23-26. Sonata in G minor, op.1 No.2 for Recorder and B.c.
- 27-30. Sonata in B minor for Transverse Flute and B.c.
- 31-34. Sonata in F op.1 No.11 for Recorder and B.c.
- Frans Brüggen (Recorder & Transverse Flute)
- Bob van Asperen (Harpsichord & Organ)
- Anner Bylsma, (Violoncello)
- General direction: Frans Brüggen
- Producer: Wolf Ericson
- Recording Engineer: Dieter Thomsen, SEON
- Recorded in Doopsgezinde Church, Amsterdam, Holland, November 1973 & January-February 1974
- Producer: Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY)
- Mastering Engineer: Kazuie Sugimoto (Victor Creative Media Co., Ltd. Mastering Center)