Classical Masterpiece Collection
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical recording selections that have been mainstays of the catalog since their initial release on LP, until the present digital age of CD. These new audio versions feature ESOTERIC’s proprietary re-mastering process to achieve the highest level of sound quality.
ESOTERIC equipment used for re-mastering
The criterion of re-mastering is to faithfully capture the quality of the original master tapes. ESOTERIC’s flag ship D/A converters, model D-01VU, Rubidium master clock generator model G-0Rb and ESOTERIC MEXCEL interconnect cables and power cords, were all used for this re-mastering session. This combination of highly advanced technology greatly contributed to capturing the high quality sound of the original master tapes.
Experience by yourself…
Experience the legendary performance in this new Super Audio CD/CD format. Not only for new followers, but also for well experienced followers of these recorded materials. All will be equally impressed by the “soul” hidden within the notes, but never before found in previously released recordings in any format.
Title and Track list
- 1. Ouvertüre, Op.21 Allegro di molto
- 2. Scherzo. Allegro vivace
- 3. L'isteso tempo:"He,Geist! Wo gehr die Reise hin?"
- 4. Elfenmarsch. Allegro vivace - "Schlimm treffen wif bei Mondenlicht"
- 5. Lied mir Chor. Allegro ma non troppo:"Kommt! Einen Ringel, eine Feensang! ...Bunte Schlangen, zweigezüngt!"
- 6. Andante:"Was du wirst erwachend sehn"
- 7. Intermezzo. Allegro appassionato - "Strets irrst du dich"
- 8. Notturno. Con moto tranquillo
- 9. Andante:"Nun,da der Knabe mein ist"
- 10. Hochzeitsmarch. Allegro vivace - "Jerzt beheult der Wolf den Mond"
- 11. Allegro di molto:"Bei des Feuers mattem Flimmern"
- 12. Allegro vivace
- 13. Andante con moto
- 14. Con moto moderato
- 15. Saltarello presto
Symphony No.4 in A major, Op.90 "Italienische"
- Conducted by Claudio Abbado
- The Berliner Philharmonisches Orchester
- Berlin, December 31, 1995
- Producer: Pauline Heister
- Recording Engineer: Ulrich Schneider
- Technician: Olaf Schmeizer
- Tape Editor: Johannes Müller
- Mastering: Pauline Heister
- Producer: Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY)
- Mastering Engineer: Kazuie Sugimoto (Victor Creative Media Co., Ltd. Mastering Center)