Classical Masterpiece Collection
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical recording selections that have been mainstays of the catalog since their initial release.
ESOTERIC equipment used for re-mastering
These new audio versions feature ESOTERIC’s proprietary re-mastering process to achieve the highest level of sound quality.
Experience by yourself…
Experience the legendary performance in this new Super Audio CD/CD format. Not only for new followers, but also for well experienced followers of these recorded materials. All will be equally impressed by the “soul” hidden within the notes, but never before found in previously released recordings in any format.
Title and Track list
- 1: Allegro
- 2: Adagio ma non troppo
- 3: Finale. Allegro moderato
Ludwig van Beethoven
- 4: Allegro ma non tanto
- 5: Scherzo. Allegro molto
- 6: Adagio cantabile - Allegro vivace
- Executive Producer: Prof. Elsa Schiller
- [Dvořák] Recording Producer: Hans Weber Tonmeister (Balance Engineer): Günter Hermanns Location: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin Recording Date: June 1961
- [Beethoven] Recording Producer: Karl-Heinz Schneider Tonmeister (Balance Engineer): Heinz Wildhagen Location: Brahms-Saal, Musikverein, Vienna Recording Date: June 1959
- Pierre Fournier, Violonello
- Conducted by George Szell
- Friedrich Gulda, Piano
- Producer : Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY)
- Mastering Engineer : Kazuie Sugimoto (Victor Creative Media Co., Ltd. Mastering Center)